Wednesday 4 May 2016

Our I-Friend: Food

Hello again! Today I'll be talking about Ray's (our i-friend) favourite food! I am quite excited about this topic because I myself am a food lover, but no worries, we won't be talking about me :)

Anyways, I asked Ray if there is any Malaysian food that he likes and his answer was tom yam! Yes, both Ray and I are aware that technically, tom yam is not from Malaysia, but hey, each country have a different version of tom yam and he obviously enjoys the Malaysian version.

Ray likes the mixture of sweet-sour and some spiciness as well. Ima and I enjoy tom yam as well, so we made a mental note to go get some tom yam with him soon!

photo credits to tomyam village at wordpress


Other than that, I also asked his favourite food or food that he often eats when he is back home in Saudi. The most frequent meal made in his household is curry. Sometimes it's fish curry, sometimes it's chicken curry and so on. He mentioned that the curry he eats at home tastes different from the curry that he tastes in Malaysia. Of course, recipes are altered to fit the taste of the locals, so it was not surprising and I am very interested to try his version of curry.


photo credits to google image


I realised that in terms of food, we have the same taste. It will be fun to go food hungting with Ima and ray and we won't be fighting over where to go. It's fun to see that even though we live far away from one another and come from different places, food can bring us together :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment